Friday 2 August 2013

It's a classic transformation story.

- 17 Again (2009)


I wish I knew...



Calling all bloggers everywhere! 
(or at least you lovely ones that read my ramblings)

I've been blogging for almost a year now, and I feel like I'm still finding my feet in this massive online world, and I know I'm not alone. 

Recently my friend said to me she's interested in starting a blog, but where to start? It's got me thinking - what do you wish you knew when you were starting out?



What tips and tricks have you learned along the way that you'd like to pass on to a new blogger on the block?

I, for one, would say an important tip is to get to know HTML codes. Even just the basics, it's amazing how much it'll help! Also not to worry about how many people are reading, just enjoy what you're writing and the readers will come. 



So, what are the important ingredients for a successful blog?
Share your blogger knowledge below! 


x

i do not own these images

7 comments:

  1. Love it especially because of the name of your blog and the way you write!x

    Would you mind to check out or maybe even follow my mine and my 13 year old TWIN sisters NEW blog please.


    www.fashionsmama.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I'd known how to take a decent photo. I still wish I knew how to take a decent photo D: xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do so! Especially when Freddy photobombs xx

      Delete
  3. I wish I'd known that it takes a wee while to start getting followers, but that doesn't mean you're doing anything wrong! When you're starting out it and feeling a bit unsure about the whole blogging thing and seeing other bloggers with hundreds of followers, getting lots of comments, you can panic and think ''what am I doing wrong?!''. So it's best to always remember that everyone has to start somewhere and not worry about how many people are reading, or how many followers you have - just get used to blogging, find your feet and your style and do it for yourself, the readers will come in time :) your blog should be first and foremost for you! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is so true, so important to know! xxx

      Delete
  4. I think the basic HTML is good advice! Just knowing how to do things like italics, bold, breaks and images is vital, and I wouldn't have known where to start if I didn't already have this knowledge. I think one thing it's good to know when you start out is that you don't have to make your blog about one certain, definite thing - it will evolve and change all the time as you grow :) and big photos!!! I started out with smaller photos to fit in my with my previous layout - I now make my photos 640 wide, which is so much better!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right - I'm constantly wanting to change and alter my blog as I continue to learn more! xxx

      Delete